Thank you to all who commented on my last post! You are all amazing and I'm so thankful you popped by to say hello :)
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year!
I love facing a new year and I have so many things to look forward to. Although it has been several months... hmmm 5 to be exact...since I wrote a post here, I feel really good about this year. I sort of got use to not writing which is strange because I know I have lots to share... my Instagram account is a good indication of that :O) This past month I have been thinking more about this space and my lack of presence and it has compelled me to take a good look at what I want to accomplish this year, not only here on my blog, but life in general.
This is a list of goals for 2014:
1. Blog. In the coming weeks I plan to see what is realistic. I believe in goals, but there needs to be a planned process and I have already started a few things to help this along.
2. Scrapbook. The past year I have made more scrapbooking layouts than I ever have in any previous year (I will let you know how many once I complete my December Month In Numbers!).
3. Read more. Last year I read maybe 9 books which is quite a bit less than what I hoped for. I still have several books I purchased at the beginning of last year, not to mention those on my Kobo, so I am staying away from the bookstore for now and focusing on those items I already have.
4. Exercise. Well, this might be why I haven't been around so much the latter half of 2013! I started working out with a trainer 2x/week and I also took up Kickboxing another 2 nights a week. This really does take up 4 complete nights for me. That is okay though. I'm committed to this one.
5. Meal planning. With all this exercise I have been doing, the weight is coming off, but not as quickly as I want it to. I will start sitting down and make a plan for our weekly menu.
6. Project Life. I finished my second album last week and cannot wait to start my third year. It's got it's ups and downs, but I love the end result.
7. Instagram. I plan to continue posting to IG. It's easy and I have met so many inspiring and friendly people. Plus it's been a great way to connect with friends and family.
8. Photographs. I really want to pick up my camera more often and be deliberate with this. It's so easy to use the cell phone (which I plan to continue), but I found last year, more and more at gatherings or events I did not even bother taking my camera with me. That's about to change.
That looks like a pretty good start to 2014! What about you? Do you have some goals for the new year?
I can see the light shining... 2014 is going to be awesome!
Take care friends!